Tips for a correct installation:
* The gas spring long life is a function of correct lubrication of the seals.
The spring must therefore always be installed with the rod directed downwards or with the rod guide in a lower
position with respect to the cylinder attachment.
* In some applications,asthose described in figures above (e.g car boots), the opening movement of the spring
may cause it to rotate upwards between the fully open and fully closed position.Here also attention should be
paid to installing the spring with the rod directed downwards when it is in its fully closed position and compressed
inside the cylinder.Such recommended position facilitates the lubrication of guide and seals, while delivering an
excellent barcking effect.
' The rod surface is important for maintaining gas pressure and should therefore not be damaged by blunt or
abrasive objects or by any corrosive chemical substance.When installing the gas spring, the upper and lower
fittings should be aligned so that the seal is not under strain. The alignment must be maintained throughout the
entire rod stroke. Should that not be possible, use jointed attachments which allow the alignment.
* Vibrations on the machine to which the gas spring is applied may be discharged onto the seals through attachments
that are connected too rigidly to the frame.
Leave a smal clearance between fixing screws and attachments or fix the spring using at least one jointed attachment.
* We recommend fixing the spring using smooth pins and not threaded bolts as the thread crest,in contact with the
attachment hole , exercises friction that may contrast the gas spring correct functioning.
* When applying the gasspring , make sure the pulling forces are not greater than the gas spring thrust force, so
that the normal rod sliding speed is not exceeded.
* The normal operating temperature for a gas spring ranges between -30°C and +80°C.
* Particularly damp and cold environments may create frost on the seals and compromise the gas spring duration.
* The gasspring has been designed and manufactured to lighten or counter-balance a weight that is otherwise
very heavy for the structure into which it is inserted.Any other use it may be put to(shock absorber,decelerator,stop)
should be carefully assessed by the designer and the manufacturers with regard to durability of the spring and to safety.